11.06.2011

Missing a piece of me...


I’m not good with vocabulary or eloquent prose. I don’t use metaphors or analogies. But I know how beautiful your smile was. How your eyes lit up when you were with those you loved. I can’t compare you to a flower or a song, a feeling or a psalms. I just know how much I miss you and how much you changed my life.

You make me want to be better everyday just so I can see you. Your laugh echoes in my mind and shatters my senses. I should have asked you more about your life, your childhood, pain and faith but I thought I had a lifetime to hear such tales.

But God’s time and mine sharply collided and His won. He won you. He won your smile and He won your laugh.  And you won your crown, your victory and health. You won.

You were strong when I wasn’t. You held your faith, when I couldn’t find mine. You taught me until your last breath- how to be beautiful, how to be graceful, how to be loving, how to be generous, how to be God’s.

I didn't hear all your stories, but you will always be in mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment